The Assembly Line code is organized into a few different packages and modules:
- ALToolbox, which has small utility functions and components that are used in AssemblyLine but that can be easily used by Docassemble developers who use other platforms.
- ALDashboard, which is a collection of tools to help administer a Docassemble server and debug interviews.
- al_general.py, which contains Python classes that help developers represent people in Docassemble.
- al_document.py, which helps simplify the use of complex nested and contingent templates in Docassemble, including handling PDF overflow text.
- language.py, which has some small helper functions to make it simpler to author multilingual interviews
- MACourts and al_courts.py, which help model court, venue, and jurisdiction information in Docassemble for Massachusetts and as a possible starting point in other jurisdictions.